Introduction to Python for Data Science
Python is a very powerful programming language used for many different applications. Over time, the huge community around this open source language has created quite a few tools to efficiently work with Python. In recent years, a number of tools have been built specifically for data science. As a result, analyzing data with Python has never been easier.
In this practical course, you will start from the very beginning, with basic arithmetic and variables, and learn how to handle data structures, such as Python lists, Numpy arrays, and Pandas DataFrames. Along the way, you’ll learn about Python functions and control flow. Plus, you’ll look at the world of data visualizations with Python and create your own stunning visualizations based on real data.
What you'll learn ?
- Use functions and import packages
- Build Numpy arrays, and perform interesting calculations
- Create and customize plots on real data
- Supercharge your scripts with control flow, and get to know the Pandas DataFrame
A basic knowledge of programming can help.
- Write Python functions to facilitate code reuse
- Use Python to read and write files
- Make their code robust by handling errors and exceptions properly
- Work with the Python standard library
- Explore Python's object-oriented features
- Search text using regular expressions